Check in – 7:30 – 8:30am
Race start time – 9:00am
- Start/ Finish – Ambleside Beach
- Gear corral – A courtesy gear check-in will be available to protect swimmers gear during the race.
- Breakfast – A swimmers breakfast will be waiting for you close tio the Start/ Finish point of the swim
- Swim T-shirt – A Coho Swim 2016 t-shirt will be included in the registration package.
- Prizes – Great draw prizes will be available and distributed during the awards ceremony.
- Awards – Awards will be presented after all the participants in the Coho Swim have completed at approximately 11am. They will be presented to the top three Females and Males of the 1.5 and 3 km races.
Reputed to be the most scenic race within BC’s Lower Mainland this one of a kind ‘beach to bridge to beach to bridge to beach’ run is one not to miss this fall.
This incredible point to point 14 km journey starts from Kitsilano Beach, takes you past the Maritime Museum and the Pacific Space Centre along the seawall, then over the Burrard Street Bridge along the English Bay seawall to Second Beach in Stanley Park, and finally, over the Lion’s Gate Bridge and into Ambleside Beach Park to the birthplace of the North Shore Coho salmon.
The 14K distance provides a great challenge for the 10K runner and a fabulous training run for the ½ marathon trainer. This is also a great event for competitive and non-competitive walkers.
At the finish line you will enter into the Coho Festival site where you will have the opportunity to participate in this annual festival celebrating the return of the Coho Salmon to the North Shore. Festival activities include environmental displays, visual arts exhibitions, entertainment by local and visiting performers, and of course the famous Salmon BBQ.
All net proceeds of this event help to support salmon enhancement projects including stream stewardship.