COHO SWIM – VIRTUAL CHALLENGE
September 1- October 1, 2021
CHALLENGE yourself against:
Turlough O’Hare, Markus Thormeyer, Richard Hortness, Emily Overholt, and Fin Donnelly!
1) REGISTER for the distance of your choice 1.5k | 3k | Total Distance
2) KEEP TRACK of your swim time and distance between Sept 1 – Oct 1. (See important notes below)
3) UPLOAD your results before midnight October 8, 2021.
4) PRIZES will be available as an extra incentive to complete your distance and goal. Weekly prizes will be drawn from COHO CHALLENGE for those who have uploaded their swim time each week by midnight Saturdays. Winners will be emailed.
5) Tell the World!! POST and SHARE what YOU are doing & WHY you are doing it. YOUR entry, EVERY entry, is a meaningful contribution to the Coho Society. CHALLENGE your friends and family to try to be faster than you or our famous Coho Swimmers!
#COHOswim | #COHOvirtual2021 | #COHOfestival
All net proceeds of this event go to Coho Society of the North Shore who provide support to local organizations in river and stream enhancement projects that benefit the sustainability of salmon and other fish.
Open water swimming alone is very risky. Wetsuits are mandatory when the water gets below 15 degrees celsius. Swimmers must be aware of weather conditions, tides, water temperatures, currents, etc. and if possible, have a boat in the water with you or at least a spotter on the shore. Importantly, the effect of cold water on you after you exit the water can be traumatic. Please follow government Covid-19 guidelines.
Please visit the VOWSA (Vancouver Open Water Swim Association)
website for more safety information on open water swimming:
Gear: Coloured swim cap, Swim Buddy and whistle.
Q) Where can my swims take place?
You may swim in open water, a pool or both.
Q) Is only my best time logged?
Yes. Please only submit your best time for your distance for the month of September 2021.
Q) DISTANCE CHALLENGE: As keen as you are, you do not need to swim every day. You may swim in the open water (please follow the strict open water safety guidelines), a pool, or both. You will only SUBMIT the TOTAL DISTANCE you swam throughout the month of September 2021. Good luck !